Dan Bongino Finally Says Why He Left Fox News

Last week, Fox News host Dan Bongino revealed that he was leaving the network after negotiations to extend his contract fell through, the Washington Examiner reported.

During last Thursday’s broadcast of The Dan Bongino Show on Rumble, Bongino announced that his April 15 broadcast of “Unfiltered with Dan Bongino” on Fox News was his final appearance on the cable news giant.

Bongino said it was his decision to leave the network, telling his viewers that he didn’t want them to think Fox “showed me the door.” He added that he believed it was best for him to part ways with Fox, where he had been a contributor for nearly 11 years.

A spokesman for Fox News confirmed Bongino’s departure in a statement to the Washington Examiner last week, thanking the former host for his contribution to the network and wishing him success in the future.

Bongino explained that he and Fox could not agree to the terms for extending his contract, but assured his viewers that he bears Fox News no ill will. He even suggested that he might return to Fox in the future.

Thanking the crew that worked on “Unfiltered with Dan Bongino,” the conservative talker noted that the weekend show “went out as number one.”

The final broadcast of “Unfiltered with Dan Bongino” on April 15 garnered over 1.1 million viewers, with only 93,000 within the coveted 24-54 age demographic.

Fox recently revealed that Bongino’s Saturday night show was the top show in the weekend primetime category during the first quarter of 2023, averaging 1.3 million viewers.

Bongino also gave an update on his Fox Nation radio show, saying that he believes it will wrap up at the end of the month.

Last Saturday, Fox News aired “Lawrence Jones Cross Country” in place of “Unfiltered with Dan Bongino.”