(ConservativeCore.com)- Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson was given exclusive access to the security footage that was taken during the Capitol riot in January 2021 directly from House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
He has since taken to the airwaves to show his viewers different angles of the events that happened that day, as a counter to the information that was being put out to the public by the House Select Committee that investigated the attacks during the last House led by Democrats.
This week, CNN tried to present a critical review of Carlson’s coverage. All of the hosts who were sitting on the panel for the “This Morning” show attacked Carlson for what they were calling a dangerous and disingenuous portrayal of the events of January 6, 2021.
That includes Kaitlan Collins and Sara Fischer, a media analyst for CNN who spoke for most of the time during the segment. Ultra-liberal anchor Don Lemon said there was a lot of “danger” in the decision that McCarthy made in handing the footage over to Carlson in the first place, especially since he was the only person given the footage.
For his part, McCarthy is standing behind the decision he made to give Carlson the footage. He spoke with reporters on Tuesday to say he doesn’t have any regrets. That being said, he didn’t answer any questions that were asked of him about the content on Carlson’s show.
As McCarthy said:
“Each person can come up with their own conclusion.”
It was not surprising at all that many of the top Democrats on Capitol Hill went off on McCarthy for those comments, in addition to the chief of the U.S. Capitol Police. But Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the top-ranking Republican in the upper chamber, disagreed with the decision.
One of the main issues with Carlson’s portrayal of this new security footage he was given is that his comments are in direct contrast to what he said following the attacks on January 6, 2021.
Back then, he said:
“Let me be clear. Last week’s violent attack on the Capitol was undemocratic, un-American and criminal.”
During his program where he aired some of the new footage recently, Carlson went on to defend the “protesters” who attended the riot on January 6. He said they owned a “right [to] believe that the election they had just voted in had been unfairly conducted.”
Another major issue of that last comment was that texts Carlson sent in November of 2020 – which were unearthed as part of a defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News – said that he believed “there wasn’t enough fraud to change the outcome” of the 2020 presidential election.
One of the most shocking comments Carlson made during his segment recently, according to those who are against him, was:
“Taken as a whole, the video record does not support the claim that January 6 was an insurrection.”