Australian Analyst at Center of Alleged Murder-Suicide Probe

According to the police, a father who had a history of domestic violence tragically killed his young kid during a scheduled visit. According to NSW Police Deputy Commissioner Peter Thurtell, the case is being examined as a murder-suicide.

On Sunday, authorities in East Lismore found the bodies of the father and his two-year-old child.

When the father refused to give up custody of his child during an access visit, the mother reportedly called the police. His mother alerted the police a little more than one hour after her son was supposed to return at 3:30.

During a welfare check on Sunday night, police in East Lismore, New South Wales, found the deaths of 38-year-old James Harrison and his baby son Rowan inside an apartment on College Street. Harrison worked as a business analyst for the New South Wales Ministry of Health.

When the police knocked on Harrison’s door, and nobody answered, tensions rose.

After waiting a few hours, the police stormed the building and found the horrific scene inside.

As the cops have now admitted, they left the property when no one opened the door upon their 5:30 p.m. arrival.

According to the local police, who confirmed Tuesday to Daily Mail Australia that the officers returned to their station to investigate “further inquiries,”

Three days after Harrison’s murder-suicide, on Wednesday, the NSW Health Clinical Excellence Commission issued an email to its workers. Andre Jenkins, director of information management at CEC, sent an email shortly after a morning staff meeting describing “support resources” available after Harrison’s death.

Workers said that Mr. Jenkins was “tone-deaf” in his email because he left out the fact that the New South Wales police were treating Harrison’s and his son’s murders as a murder-suicide. ‘Wonderful colleague’ and ‘dear friend’ were the words Jenkins used. 

Health Minister Ryan Park said email was “totally unacceptable” and “damaged” the workforce’s morale.

According to Mr. Park, the Department of NSW Health did not sanction or endorse the email, which did not reflect the organization’s beliefs.

Officers learned that Harrison planned a sophisticated “poison gas” system to kill himself and child Rowan when they returned to the property at 9.45 p.m., over four hours after their first visit.